Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Z is for the Zoo

For the last month, I've been doing the A to Z blog challenge. Basically, it was a blog a day (except Sunday) with each day being a letter A to Z and your blog post being something to do with a topic starting with that day's letter.

I did  pretty darn well. I think I missed a couple of days here and there, but the real fun was getting to blog hop among the more than 1500 blogs involved in the challenge. I think there were over 2000 signed up at the start so that's a pretty awesome number of folks who saw it through to the end.

I ran across some awesome writing blogs and even happened by chance upon my writing partner and good friend's sister's blog (talk about a small world.) Without the challenge and the sign-up list of blogs to visit, I would have never come across most of the blogs I got to enjoy during the challenge.

I chose (for the majority of the days) to post pieces of my novel, The Lemonade Year. It's a book that I had put back in the drawer as we say, sort of giving up on it. I was so pleased to get good comments on the novel and encouragement to take it back out, dust it off and try again.

So, this act in my writing Zoo may be pulling out of town, but it's left me inspired to climb back up on the ropes and start swinging again. Thanks A to Z. I've enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not only should you dust it off - give that whole thing to me so I can finish reading it *totally hooked* and then get it published already - it's amazing!
WriterlySam